Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- SSStrongly Supports
- SOStrongly Opposes
- AFAdequately Funded
- OFOver Funded
- UFUnder Funded
- ARAbout Right
- TSToo Stringent
- THToo High
- TLToo Low
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Beard, Rebecca (R)
Running for: State House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican Party
Why are you running?
Re: My response to whether or not schools are AF -- I add clarification that I believe schools are "inefficiently" funded; therefore too many tax dollars are going into school funding for bureaucratic red-tape and reporting. More dollars should be spent for teachers' salaries -- LESS on programming reports.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Public schools in Montana are:
- 2.Parental choice should be expanded through tax credits, education savings accounts, vouchers, and other means to allow children to attend any school of their or their parents choice:<br />
- 3.Montana should allow public charter schools.
- 4.Parents should be allowed to home school their children without additional state regulation.
- 5.Education – Comprehensive sex education, beginning as early as kindergarten, should be allowed in public elementary schools.
- 6.Assisted suicide should be legal in Montana
- 7.“Domestic Partners” (i.e., cohabiting homosexual and heterosexual couples) should receive the same health care and employment benefits as married couples.
- 8.Companies and individuals should be allowed to opt-out of the abortion related mandates contained in Obamacare.
- 9.The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows all citizens to own firearms for self-protection.
- 10.Global warming is a problem requiring increased regulation.
- 11.Abortion should be prohibited in ALL circumstances.
- 12.Abortion should be prohibited, except in cases of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is in danger.
- 13.In your opinion, are environmental regulations in Montana:
- 14.Homosexuals/transgender people should be allowed to adopt children.
- 15.Non-discrimination laws should be expanded to protect sexual orientation and gender identity in the same way that race, creed, nationality, and religion are protected.
- 16.Montana’s marriage laws should be changed to reflect the recent legalization of same-sex marriage by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 17.Montana’s Constitution should be amended to allow homosexual marriage.
- 18.Income Taxes in Montana are:
- 19.Property Taxes in Montana are:
- 20.Corporate Taxes in Montana are:
Editor's Note: If the candidate responded to the survey, all responses and comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.