Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- SSStrongly Supports
- SOStrongly Opposes
- AFAdequately Funded
- OFOver Funded
- UFUnder Funded
- ARAbout Right
- TSToo Stringent
- THToo High
- TLToo Low
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Molnar, Brad (R)
Running for: State Senate
Political Affiliation: Republican Party
Why are you running?
I believe the 2nd Amendment protects the right to own firearms to more than just self protection. In the first question on abortion the word "all" is too broad and the second version of the question is more to my liking. I believe that voting for Medicaid Expansion is a vote to broaden tax payer funded abortions and was clear to experienced legislators and did not need clarification/legal interpretation. Thus I believe ALL votes on Medicaid Expansion count as votes for taxpayer funded abortions.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Public schools in Montana are:
- 2.Parental choice should be expanded through tax credits, education savings accounts, vouchers, and other means to allow children to attend any school of their or their parents choice:<br />
- 3.Montana should allow public charter schools.
- 4.Parents should be allowed to home school their children without additional state regulation.
- 5.Education – Comprehensive sex education, beginning as early as kindergarten, should be allowed in public elementary schools.
- 6.Assisted suicide should be legal in Montana
- 7.“Domestic Partners” (i.e., cohabiting homosexual and heterosexual couples) should receive the same health care and employment benefits as married couples.
- 8.Companies and individuals should be allowed to opt-out of the abortion related mandates contained in Obamacare.
- 9.The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows all citizens to own firearms for self-protection.
- 10.Global warming is a problem requiring increased regulation.
- 11.Abortion should be prohibited in ALL circumstances.
- 12.Abortion should be prohibited, except in cases of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is in danger.
- 13.In your opinion, are environmental regulations in Montana:
- 14.Homosexuals/transgender people should be allowed to adopt children.
- 15.Non-discrimination laws should be expanded to protect sexual orientation and gender identity in the same way that race, creed, nationality, and religion are protected.
- 16.Montana’s marriage laws should be changed to reflect the recent legalization of same-sex marriage by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 17.Montana’s Constitution should be amended to allow homosexual marriage.
- 18.Income Taxes in Montana are:
- 19.Property Taxes in Montana are:
- 20.Corporate Taxes in Montana are:
Editor's Note: If the candidate responded to the survey, all responses and comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.